Friday, June 14, 2013

The FCKC War with ACI - Part Three: The Aftermath and Love to Glenn

The following facebook things are relevant to parts of this story which will be coming up shortly. I encourage you to read all parts in order because they are referenced again and again and again....

Friday Night:
This was my status update I posted about my dissatisfaction with what happened at the Fair...


Saturday Morning:

And originally I really was only going to say this and call it a day... Obviously, I'm now saying quite a bit more....




“On a personal level I like Anthony and think he's a nice person. Personally, I consider him a friend and appreciate his support he has given me in that capacity. However, on a professional level, while I do think Fingaz (note I use his professional name professional name deliberately to distinguish) is a fantastic karaoke DJ, I think he handled the situation last night poorly. I was a competitor in a contest he was in charge of running on behalf of Associated Consultants and believe that Fingaz the KDJ dropped the ball.
Allowing at least 2 contestants through who had profanity in their songs and then calling me a sore loser for questioning that judgment and then blaming the judges is not cool. I'll bet you anything he took it seriously when Avi's father questioned the fairness of the contest when Reggie won 2 years ago based on his observation that Reggie was shown favoritism because of his friendship with Lou as he saw them talking before the contest. I don't necessarily believe that is true... and whether that is true or not is irrelevant. The claim was substantiated and taken seriously and action was taken to prevent further issues.
So why was my questioning the fairness taken less seriously? I'm not your friend in that moment. I'm a contestant going for a cash prize in a contest that you are being paid to run.. A contestant lodging a complaint, not to the judges that keep in mind were picked by Fingaz, but to the person in charge of the contest who should be the final word to question the decision of those judges he picked and override said decision they make. I did question the judges and have in the past for other levels of the competition. It gets me nowhere. I take it straight to the host who is supposed to be in charge who in this case claimed no responsibility. So who is responsible? Should I speak with Associated Consultants or Celebrate Fairfax? Are they responsible?
At the end of the day the judges aren't the ones who will be held responsible if someone complains about the profanity to the people in charge of Celebrate Fairfax, the host of the stage who allowed the profanity and Associated Consultants will be. I have heard him call people up to the stage and ask them to change their song choice because they picked songs with profanity and reminding them that it is not allowed. I understand that some slip through which is what happened with jelly pants. She sang a more obscure song where hell was hidden in there one time... which she knew regardless and made a choice to sing that song. But he admitted that he allowed another winning contestant who sang Redneck Woman to sing her song despite knowing it had "Hell Yeah" repeated several times throughout the song.
The rules of the contest stipulate that contestants are responsible for both knowing and adhering to the rules, particularly the rule about profanity being prohibited in songs at the fair because it is a family friendly place where children are running around along with parents attempting to shield their children and various people of numerous religions who don't use profanity nor tolerate it's usage. Those women made a conscious choice to flout the rules either because they didn't read the rules or just didn't choose to follow them.
In the end though, allowing at least 2 contestants through who had profanity in their songs instead of disqualifying them shows that this contest is more like Pirates of the Caribbean where there are no rules, just subjective guidelines that can be disregarded at will based on hidden loopholes and lack of accountability. It demonstrates to other contestants like me who did follow the rules and picked squeaky clean songs that clearly this contest is not fairly run.”
I called my friend Lauren, a friend and fellow competitor who had already made it into the Semifinals but came out to the Fair Friday night to support the contestants in the Wild Card Round. I asked her advice about whether or not to contact Glenn from ACI to discuss the situation with the Wild Card round. She said she agreed that it was a good idea and to do it sooner rather than later just in case it made a difference.
So I called Glenn and informed him of what happened and also mentioned that I had tried the night before to discuss this with Anthony and that he called me a sore loser. Glenn told me that he was already aware because there were other complaints.

***Hold the phone!! Real Quick!!! Let me state this for the record... I WAS NOT THE ONLY PERSON, NOR EVEN THE FIRST PERSON TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS SITUATION TO GLENN.

IF YOU WERE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE, CYBER HIGH FIVE TO YOU! I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHICH OF YOU WERE THE OTHERS WHO COMPLAINED SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT PUBLICLY OR MESSAGE ME PRIVATELY. JUST FYI, PRIVATE MESSAGES WILL BE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL I PROMISE.
 
Glenn didn't really understand where I was coming from and told me the word “hell” is not a curse word. He said that ministers use it. I agreed that used in the Biblical sense it is not, but in the context of the song Redneck Woman, it is cursing. He then asked me to call him back in 10 minutes because he needed to make a call.
When I called him back about 12 minutes later, his tone had completely changed from just agitated to straight up rude. He said he had just spoken with Anthony and that my score wasn't high enough it would have made a difference anyway so I was just being a sore loser. Well, they don't show us the score cards so for all I know he could've just been lying to cover himself and Anthony. (Truth, we really don't know what our scores are and nobody really tells us). Either way, my response to him was, "Even if it wouldn't have made a difference for me it still would've made a difference for two other people."

I told him what I was told by one of the judges, that I was part of a 5-way tie along with Coyote Ugly, who broke the rules should've been disqualified, was somehow put over the rest of us by Judge #3. He told me, "Oh, it's against the rules to speak with the judges so you would've been disqualified anyway." I told him "Anthony told me to take it up with the judges so I did!"

I asked him if the other people he mentioned who complained were sore losers as well. His response was “Yes.” So basically, if you complained regardless then you were just being a sore loser… even though people who weren’t participating in the contest or were already through to the next round agreed with us “sore losers” about the unfairness of the situation.
He was like, "Are you still there?" I replied "Yes." He basically said he didn't understand why we were still on the phone talking about this to which I responded, because he hadn't said what he intended to do about it. Nothing. I was like, "This was your mistake! What the F is that?"

I even offered up a suggestion that because it was too late to disqualify those women that instead they should either re-do the Wild Card Round or just let all the contestants who showed up Friday night through to the Semifinals and figure out how to fit that in because they made a mistake that screwed over a lot of people. 

Glenn did not see it that way. His final opinion on the situation was "hell" is not a swear word. The official rules were not broken. No mistake was made at all. The "Clean" list was basically infallible. OH YEAH, and we are all just sore losers.

I was like, "Aren't you the owner of Associated Consultants?" He said, "Yes." I said, "This is your company and your name. Do you understand how bad this looks?" He basically responded that he didn't care and I was just being a sore loser.

I asked him if he was aware that I write a blog. He was not. So I told him this was all going in the blog. He still didn't care. HE ALSO DID NOT TELL ME I COULD NOT PUT ALL THIS ON HERE. Why would he care? He thinks he was right. Well, I beg to differ buddy! Anyway, I at least thanked him for his time as politely as I could and got off the phone.

Clean song list my butt by the way... I looked through this list and find a ton of songs that are inappropriate. I encourage you to do the same.

Here is the list that was posted in the Facebook group for contestants:

ACI Songlist 03.29.2013 (Clean) - Artist Sort.pdf

Also, here is another supposedly "Clean" list from the Associated Consultants Inc. website that Celebrate Fairfax has posted as the official song list as well:

CELEBRATE FAIRFAX 2013 SONGLIST!

The love songs dedicated to Glenn in Happy Tuesday People! Some Theme Songs for Your Day.... Warm Up to the FCKC War! were from the first list which was supposed to be SUPER CLEAN...

Anyway, stay tuned for The FCKC War with ACI - Part 4: More Aftermath and F You to Some People coming soon...

And just in case you missed them:
The FCKC War with ACI - Part One
FCKC War Footnote - Miss Slik's Advice On Burning Bridges and BONUS THEME SONG!
The FCKC War with ACI - Part Two: The Incident at The Fair Friday Night

No comments:

Post a Comment