Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Happy Tuesday People! Theme Songs Dedicated to Michael Jackson!

Today is the 4 year anniversary of the death of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. There is no denying 2 things about Michael Jackson: 1) He was super weird and had some serious deep-rooted issues and 2) He was an extremely talented musician who put out some of the most ridiculously epic, supremely awesome songs EVER!

I've personally been a fan of his since I was a little kid. One of my fondest, happiest memories I have of my childhood was dancing with my dad in the dining room to this song while it was playing on the radio...


And being dazzled by the light up sidewalk in Billie Jean...


I also learned all the words and the dance moves to Thriller. This video used to scare the bejesus out of me...


And I remember sitting in my living room with my parents watching the premiere of Black or White on broadcast TV when Macauley Culkin was still relevant (and apparently allegedly being molested along with Wade Robson... but we won't get into that)...


One of the first CD's I ever got was HIStory: Past, Present, and Future and my little brother Ian and I bounced around the living room listening to Scream on perma repeat pretending to be Michael and Janet because I made him learn how to do the dance for that too...


But as an adult, there are only 2 songs that endure as my all time favorite MJ jammies...

The first is Dirty Diana. Every time I hear it I can't help but stop what I'm doing to sing along and slow groove in place to it...


And my supreme favorite that I actually made a breaks remix of because I LOVE it that much... Keep It In the Closet...

 

Here is my remix posted on my Sound Cloud profile if you feel like listening to it... Keep It In The Closet With Remixmaster Slik

BOOM... R.I.P. MJ <3

No comments:

Post a Comment