Monday, June 17, 2013

Sad Monday My People.. Theme Songs Dedicated to My Girl Abby and in Loving Memory to Her Brother Erin

It's a sad day my people. Unfortunately, this weekend one of my closest friends Abby lost her older brother Erin. He was taken from this world way to soon. I understand that when God decides he wants to call you back home, you don't get the option to hit ignore on your smartphone. However, I will never understand why God decides to take good people away from other good people who love them at such a young age. You see, Erin was only in his 30's.

I had the good fortune and distinct pleasure to have known Erin as well for a brief time and spent one super kick ass Labor Day Weekend/my 29th Birthday Weekend with him in Gettysburg last year. If you've ever heard me say "Good thing I didn't forget to put extra glitter on my vagina!" that was actually a phrase coined by Erin.

Erin was a good dude... a super fun and incredibly unique individual, a loving, caring and devoted brother, son, father, and friend. He and his sister Abby are two peas in a pod as she is incredibly fun, unique, loving, caring, and devoted as well.

My heart breaks for Erin, Abby, and their entire family. I hope you fine interwebz people will join me in extending my sincerest and most deeply felt love, prayers, and condolences to Abby and her family.

So, today the theme songs are dedicated to Erin and Abby...

This first batch is for Erin....

First, a song that came immediately to mind when I spoke with Abby this morning...

Billy Joel - Only The Good Die Young


Next, a song which Erin played for me the morning he told me not to forget to put extra glitter on my vagina. This was a song he and Abby used to laugh about together...

You Can Touch My Boobies

Also, a song that will forever remind me of Erin because we met Terrance Zdunich aka Graverobber from Repo! The Genetic Opera at HorrorFind Weekend... All the ladies and even a good amount of the men got giddy over Terrance because I'm pretty sure they wanted him to inject his zydrate into a certain part of their anatomy. Erin is the one who got the closest because he caught a peek at Terrance's junk in the men's room. Priceless moments...

Zydrate Anatomy


Finally, a song that Erin and Abby would sing together at karaoke when he would come out with her... He and I actually did a duet together at Skaraoke during HorrorFind Weekend..

So here is Erin's and my rendition of The B52's - Love Shack...


R.I.P. Erin... You are already definitely being missed dude.


This next batch is for Abby. Honey, if any of this puts a smile on your face for even a split second today then I will feel like I somehow did my job as your friend.

I met Abby at karaoke a few years ago. Abby, our friend Leah, and I are the Superstar Karaoke Divas. Abby has the most amazing voice and she can kill some Paramore like it's her freaking job. Paramore is extremely hard to sing just FYI.

This is her main go-to song and if you have heard or ever do hear her sing it you know that I'm not lying about how good she is...

Paramore - Decode

Also, Abby I promise I will finish learning how to play this song on guitar like you asked me to... and once I do then I will teach you how to play it...

Paramore - The Only Exception

Next is a song I make Abby sing for me whenever I can get her to because she does it so well...

Flyleaf - All Around Me

Now here is the song Abby always makes me sing for her whenever she can get me to...

Lady Gaga - Poker Face

Finally... Girl, you know I had to take it there....

Styx - Mr. Roboto

I love you Abby and I've got your back. I know it doesn't seem like it now, but you will get through this. Pretty sure you've said that exact same thing to me and you were right. You were also there for me every step of the way just like I will be there with you. <3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment