Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Adventures in Dating: Seemingly Desperate Dudes Who Weird Me Out

So I started talking to this guy a few days ago. He seemed cool and we bonded over a love of movie trivia. His username is from Back to the Future, which is an epic movie. I told him about my voicemail greeting that nobody ever gets which is "Hi! This is Niki! Leave a message!" He knew it was from Swingers so I was highly impressed... Blah blah blah...

Well, he sends me this message like Monday night....

It's super long and involved. The first part refers to my favorite movie being Pulp Fiction and Samuel L. Jackson, who is the F-ing man and this dude CLEARLY does not know what he's talking about by saying his acting is limited. The second part refers to him asking me if I have 7 evil exes who will try to fight him like in Scott Pilgrim.. I said "No, more like 7 evil stalkers/stage 5 clingers who will probably try to fight you or at least mean mug you." Third, I was drawing a blank on who Veronica Vaughn was and apparently he was referencing the movie Billy Madison which I've never seen. Third, he asked me what my favorite flavor ice was. The rest of his message had been word association and he'd just made a Beck song reference. I thought we were on music and answered Vanilla.. because who doesn't love Vanilla Ice?!?

I meant to respond back to him but I forgot about it because I got all busy talking to some other guy with whom I'll be going on a date this Saturday (hopefully he won't be weird, scandalous, losery, or a douche and end up in this segment of my blog *fingers crossed*). Plus considering how long the message was I just didn't have the mental capacity to respond back at the time I received it.

Anyway, last night I was minding my own business playing my guitar when the first message below comes through. I'm like "Oh crap! Totally forgot to respond to this guy." Then I read the message and I was like "WOW! Sooooo not going to respond to this guy!" But it wasn't until the second one came through like an hour and a half later when I was like, "OH. MAH. GOD. WOW." No. I did not get the Swingers reference... But, we already shared a moment on that days ago and reenacting it via several PoF messages is not a turn on.


Now as far as I know this dude is not a douchebag. He's just kind of weird and obviously lacking in game. If you happen to be a single lady doing online dating and his constant barrage of movie references is a turn on for you then please search his username on PoF and have at it. However, don't tell him how you found him deal? If you happen to be a dude doing the online dating thing then here is an example of what not to do OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment