Thursday, August 29, 2013

Happy Throwdowns and Throwbacks Thoroughly Twerked Out Thursday Theme Songs!

Happy Friday Eve everybody! We've almost survived the week so YAY for us! Today is one gigantic installment of Twerkathon OH-13 because that's what I'm feeling. So I've thoroughly twerked this MoFo out with tons of new and old jams I dug up just for you. So, let's make like this is a bubble and get it poppin...

First up, you know it.. The 2 CHAINZ Song of the Day! I'm still waiting for more leaks from the new album. But in the meantime, here is Trampoline by Tinie Tempah featuring 2 CHAINZ! 


Now before we go any further, I have to tell you that today's theme songs were inspired by my bestie Jeannie and our Tuesday Night Twerkfest in her kitchen. The following videos are courtesy of her... All I have to say is your shopping excursions at Walmart will NEVER be the same...

Part One:

Wait! It gets better! Part 2:

If you follow me on My Twitter or you've "Liked" the Miss Slik's Guide Facebook Page then that should explain the posts from the other night. (Click those links if you don't FYI BTW because you should be following and "liking".)

Also, thanks to all the twerking videos we watched I found a couple more songs I'm diggin that are a little slower and great for practicing in front of that mirror gurrrrrlllll!!!



And also...


Now, Jeannie and I tore through Diplo's Sound Cloud Profile the other night because I was hellbent on finding the 2 tracks of his I liked that were playing in the background of the Instagram video submissions he posted. I did not find them. Somebody please let that man know he should post the names of the songs in the captions to make it easier because that should not be quite this difficult.

Also, while you're at it, tell him he needs to lay off the Perculator bubble pops because they are in a giant rack of his tracks... You just can't beat the original.


However, I did find the 2 CHAINZ Song of the Day and also these 2 songs I like...

The DMV's own Wale featuring Travis Porter - One Eyed Kitten


And also Travis Porter - Wobble

Just in case you haven't noticed yet, I have a minor obsession with Travis Porter. He doesn't know. If he did then the restraining order would be pending (just kidding).

Now, I would like to share something personal with y'all... My own story of how I became acquainted with booty bouncing...

For those who don't know, I'm originally from Tampa, Florida and lived there until I was almost 13. Down there they start school the 3rd week of August so they had a rule that you have to turn 5 by the end of August to start Kindergarten. Well, my birthday is September 5th so I missed that cut-off and my parents had to put me in a montessori school to get around it.

The student age range was Kindergarten up to like middle or high school and I always wanted to hang out with all the older kids. Every day they'd have the boom box blaring and they'd dance. I love to dance. So I tried to go dance with them and they told me I couldn't because I sucked. Well, never one to accept defeat, I went home and I practiced like it was my job. I even enlisted the help of the teenage girls who babysat me at the time. One day I came back and busted out my best Paula Abdul body roll and they were like "OH! Look at Niki!"

Hold up.. Gotta take it there...

I became their little mascot after that and I had never been so proud. That's the moment when you look over at the kids your own age who made fun of you for wearing hi-tops with twirly skirts and told you that you had to be Irma every time they played Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles just because you didn't have red hair and stick out your tongue and be all like "Suck it babies! Turtle Power THAT bitches!"

A few years later, I had to switch to public school because my parents couldn't afford to keep me in montessori school any longer. That's when I became a latchkey kid and I watched MTV like it was my job thanks to my babysitters getting me hooked on it. My parents never really censored me that much anyway so I pretty much watched whatever I wanted. One of my favorite shows was a dance show called The Grind. The Spring Break editions were how I got introduced to songs like this one...

 

One day I came home from school and turned on the TV. I must have ended up on The Box (cyber high five if you know about that). This video came on and shocked me...

Some of those chicks were wearing thongs and stuff and dancing in ways that they just did not show on the muh-F-ing Grind. It was over after that. I may have gotten in trouble for calling into The Box to request that song a few times.

Like I said I grew up in Florida so come Summertime all your old jeans become cut-off shorts. Mine became Daisy Dukes...


Also, of course I learned the Tootsee Roll...


And that's about when I got introduced to a man named Sir Mix-A-Lot and this song became my theme song. Bear in mind, while most girls were getting boobs, I was busy growing a booty... No lie... Here..



 I've had this mofo since I was 10 years old. Just took me some years to make the connection from the rap songs to real life and figure out why all the boys kept staring at it. True story.


And of course that is around the time I discovered my love of Uncle Luke. Last one is for Jeannie...

Don't stop get it get it... BOOM!


No comments:

Post a Comment