Thursday, May 9, 2013

Happy Thursday! Gone Straight Gangsta on my Theme Songs!

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta! It's almost Friday and I haven't even had to use my AK this entire week. Courtesy of Slacker Radio I've been jammin out to some classics straight out of Compton this morning...

First, I love me some Public Enemy, particularly FLAVA FLAV... YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHH BUUUOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! He MC'ed the Legends of Hip Hop night last Summer at Celebrate Fairfax and I don't think I will ever forget him narrating the fireworks display while repeating the hook from this song...

Public Enemy - 9-1-1 is a Joke


Next, I've gotta show some love to another iconic gangsta rap group who pioneered this genre.. I'm talkin bout some NWA! I'm a HUGE fan of Ice Cube and quote Friday like it's my job. This song cracks me up..

NWA - I Ain't The One


And while we're on NWA and the movie Friday, here are a couple of my fave songs from the soundtracks...

Dr. Dre - Keep Their Heads Ringin

And...

Ice Cube - You Can Do It

Also, while we're on Ice Cube... Here is the songs I referenced earlier

Ice Cube - Today Was A Good Day

And finally... to give you a soundtrack to going Office Space on that piece of equipment that ain't working right today...

Geto Boys - Damn it Feels Good to be a Gangsta


No comments:

Post a Comment