Monday, May 6, 2013

3 Nights of Karaoke Madness!

So I was like a wild karaoke animal from Thursday through Saturday night...

Night# 1- THURSDAY - EDUB's Show at Fast Eddie's Fairfax - 5/2/2013

First, I went to my friend Edub's Final Ladies' Night at Fast Eddie's Fairfax. I've been friends with Edub for almost 4 years now. His Sex Panther Saturdays show was actually the first karaoke show I ever went to. My friend Andie and I decided to go to karaoke after a wine tasting and Google lead us to Fast Eddie's Fairfax and Edub. 

Some pics from that night - August 15th, 2009

Me and Andie along with my Karaoke Stalker

Hold up! Wait a minute! Real quick I'd like to dedicate this song to him where ever his psycho ass might be in the world. I began writing a short screenplay based on this dude and the crazy shit he was telling me that night. He told me I reminded him of some girl he grew up across the street from in Hawaii who drove a Trans Am. He was like crazy obsessed with her when he was like 17. I was convinced I'd wake up in a roofied haze to the saxophones of Careless Whisper.... "SING FOR ME BRIGHT ANGEL!!!" Fucking psycho!


This chick Lydia was nice and we sang Hotel California together.. There is Edub too.

Me with Edub

"Andie with a vagina" (Edub coined this nickname)

    

My now friend Abby the night I first saw her and heard her straight murder Paramore for the first time. She's WIKKID good!

Squishy aka Leah and her now husband "Andy with a penis" (Edub coined this nickname too so as to differentiate).. Little did these 2 know at the time that they would end up being super happy and getting married last year.. and little did I know when I took this pic that they would end up becoming 2 of my good friends and I'd end up DJ'ing their wedding.

Now here was my first ever Chuka Chuka Ladies' Night Thursday Night Show on August 20th, 2009...

I met the dude in the red shirt Saturday night and then ended up coming to meet up with him the following Thursday to play pool. While I was taking my shot I overheard karaoke from the front room... I then forgot all about playing pool and ran up to the front where I spent the rest of the night singing... This was also the night I met the infamous Laraoke!


Witnessing the Cupid Shuffle which I did not know how to do at the time

And a very nice pic of EDUB from that night...


Ahhh Memories...

He's a good dude and a great host. I think it's bullshit that they took one of his nights away. That place has been frequently dead for other nights so it's not his fault that people are just not wanting to come there for whatever reason. Don't get me wrong. This place is like my Cheers and I <3 it. I do my DJ parties up there periodically but they've even put me on notice and tried to take my night away before because people weren't packing in the place for that either. I don't know why. It's a fun place and the drinks are cheap. But I think another pool hall called Redzone down the street has stolen some of their thunder. Hopefully this blog will spawn some sort of complaint campaign to the management of Fast Eddie's Fairfax because Edub should get his Thursday night show back. While you're at it, please feel free to start a letter writing campaign to bring back Miss Slik's Friday Night Dance Party as well.. Please and Thank You. Anyway, it was good times though. The entire Chuka League was in full effect. People showed up that I haven't seen out in months to support our General. He deserves it cause he's the best.


Night# 2 - FRIDAY - Dante's Show at Champp's Fair Oaks - 5/3/2013

I went up to Champps Fair Oaks in an attempt to compete for the qualifiers for the Fairfax County Karaoke Championship. They didn't end up having it because whoever the old host was is now no longer there. It was a guy named Dante's first week as the new host and despite the fact that I lost out on a competition night, I still had a pretty kickass time. Dante normally does shows in DC so this was one of his first times out in the VA suburbs. There weren't very many people there so I actually got to go for a "Karaoke Best" which is basically when you get to sing a rack of songs. For a few hours it was mostly the Niki Slik Show with awesome performances by me. Some girl said if I had a CD she would buy it. YAY for me! (mental note to self: need to release music CD to make money). But yeah, Dante's show was pretty fun and he's a character. I recommend checking him out for sure!


Night# 3 - SATURDAY - The DC People's Champ's 1st EVER Karaoke Show at Fast Eddie's Centreville! - 5/4/2013

So my good friend and former hype man The DC People's Champ subbed for Mr. Fingaz on Saturday night up at Fast Eddie's Centreville. It was his first time ever hosting his own karaoke show so my date and I went up there to support him. I think he did a supreme fucking kickass job! I told him that me teaching him how to run my Serato at our shows and then leaving him to go smoke cigarettes and bullshit outside too long, even though it pissed him off, was preparation for this moment. It was a super proud moment for him and for me too as his friend and on-again-off-again NM550 partner because he's got a lot in him that I think he's finally starting to hone in the best of the best ways. Hopefully there will be more to come because this is his niche. I think we've kind of all been waiting for this to happen for awhile. Cross your fingers interwebs people and pray he gets his own regular show going somewhere soon. As soon as he does I'll be sure to let ya'll know the info!

Here is Champ doing his thing
Photo by April Lynn Photography

Here is Champ, his girlfriend Jessica, my date, and me
Photo by April Lynn Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment