Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday Theme Songs of the Day... Welcome to the Dark Side of DnB Workout

I decided to change things up a bit today and go for a Jungle/Drum & Bass station on Slacker Radio for my workout. I've been having issues getting up in the 80-85% range to max on my cardio for my target heart rate so I've been going for high BPM workout playlists so I can have a reference point to match and keep pace with during my workouts. 

Just FYI, a BPM rate is a term used to talk about both the beats per minute of music and also your heart. Crazy how those 2 are linked right? For those of you who do not produce, spin, or listen to Electronic Dance Music in a real in-depth way, most of the poppy dancey tracks on the radio are probably in the 120-150 BPM (Beats Per Minute) range... Jungle and Drum & Bass can range anywhere from 155-190 BPM. 

Anyway, one of my all-time super faves for Jungle is Aphrodite. I've been a huge fan of his and Urban Takeover for about 14 years now. Slacker threw what it considered some other similar artists with similar sounds into the playlist. I actually know a lot of these artists personally and am familiar with their work from my time in the rave scene so I know how dissimilar they really are. But it was all good and my workout was epic. So here are some goodies for your workout playlists....

Aphrodite - Style From The Dark Side



Aphrodite - Dub moods (The Greatest Trick)





Photek - Deadly Technology




Dillinja - Unexplored Terrain



Dillinja - Shiners


Bad Company - Snow Cat


Noisia & Bad Company - Meditation

No comments:

Post a Comment