Sunday, May 5, 2013

How I Tricked Out My Blog

Sooo just in case you haven't noticed my blog now looks waaaayyyyyy more super sliktastic now. This is how I spent my Sunday afternoon/evening and I definitely have to say it was worth the time. I did some research on best blog designs and it basically confirmed what I had suspected, that my blog design was too dark and not user friendly. I wanted to make it lighter, brighter, and better and I think I managed to achieve that. I found this tutorial on Sweet Verbena called Blog Design 101: Create a Header, Tabs, and Social Media Icons that walked me through how to give my blog the massive face lift it needed. I learned all kinds of new features on Blogger and used Picasa for the first time to edit all the pics for the header and links. It's awesome when you feel like you learned stuff!

First I made the new header with a free image I found online and then tweaked it to make it more my own.

Here is the link to the image I used so thanks to whoever originally made it:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=abstract+images+wallpaper+free&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=DC0EB849D46EEAD2E219D9B229BEBD912780B413&selectedIndex=33



I added sections by topic both underneath the header image and then also boxy picture links on the right side of the page.




I'm still working on the social media icons and I need to create a new Facebook page for the blog which is now my goal for this week. I ended up having to use Image Shack because I couldn't get Photobucket to work for me. But here are the icons I made. I think they look super cute.


I'm going to keep working on this because I want it to be as awesome as possible. But I figured I'd share so you all can see how this magic happened. This Sweet Verbena chick Katy definitely gets Miss Slik's BIG UP's for the day! I've added her blog under my Fave Blogs to Read section which I now have thanks to her. So definitely check that out because she's got loads of cool stuff on her page.

No comments:

Post a Comment