Saturday, May 11, 2013

Miss Slik Recommends: Boiron Arnicare Arnica Gel for the Accident Prone Like Me

http://www.arnicare.com/graphics/arnicare-gel.jpg

Several months ago my mom turned me on to this stuff called Arnicare Arnica Gel by Boiron for my neck. I have 2 ruptured discs in my neck and was having frequent pain. The pharmacist at Broad Street Pharmacy in Falls Church, VA (awesome place I also recommend) is always recommending stuff to her for her various ailments. This was one of the products he suggested to help with her joint pain from her arthritis and my mom now swears by it. 

Here is some info about Arnicare Arnica Gel from http://www.arnicare.com/

Arnica montana is the Latin name for a perennial that grows 1 to 2 feet tall with bright, yellow daisy-like flowers that appear in July and August. It is found on the moist, grassy upland meadows in the hills and mountains of northern and central Europe and Siberia. It is also found sparsely in the northwestern United States. More common names for Arnica are Mountain daisy, Leopard’s bane and Mountain tobacco. Arnica is toxic when ingested at full strength, but it can be used as an ointment, gel or cream on unbroken skin or taken internally when it is diluted homeopathically.
St. Hildegard, a nun known for her keen observation of nature and physiology, among other things, wrote about the healing properties of the Arnica montana plant in the 12th century. Since at least the 16th century, mountain people in the Alpine area have used it to relieve muscle aches and bruises.
Today, Arnica has grown to be one of the most popular homeopathic medicines throughout the world. It is trusted by professional athletes to soothe sore muscles, by prominent cosmetic surgeons to relieve post-procedure pain, and by savvy moms to treat playground bumps and bruises.
Arnica can also be used to relieve stiffness from flying or long-distance driving. And anyone who bruises easily will appreciate Arnica’s ability to reduce bruise discoloration.

Well, I tried it and it definitely helped a bit with my neck pain. I've also discovered it helps with my achy knee pains the day after I do a crucial workout. Best of all though, it a miracle worker for bruises. I bruise like a freaking peach and always find new bruises in the oddest places every day that I got from bumping into the air I guess. The arnica gel fades them out within a couple days and they just magically disappear. 

Try it for yourself and let me know what you think. The website is http://www.arnicare.com/ and there is a section for Arnicare Special Offers where you can get a $1.00 off coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment