Thursday, August 7, 2014

Where the Fuck Have I Been and What the Hell Do I Want?

I've been gone for a minute but now I'm back once again with the serious ill behavior. I've gotten a crap ton of messages asking when and if I'd be getting back on my blog... Many of these messages came from a devoted reader and friend named Phil who has been asking/bugging me for months because he missed reading my awesome incites and anecdotes and couldn't live without them. So shout out to him. He definitely gets the award for the Sliktastic Super Fan of the Year.

So whahappin? Where have I been? Well, one thing that happened was I was just getting burnt out. This blog became like a second job that I just couldn't maintain at the same pace on top of other things I had going on. I missed it though. I also missed all of you my people. I just couldn't stay away. I hope you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.

Now that things have chilled out a bit I want to start building Miss Slik's Guide to Gracefully Faking it Through Life back up to its former glory... which won't take much because I'm sure all 10 of you who were reading it before are still out there and loyal enough to come back. So for you I make this deal, I promise I will update the blog at least once a week. I know you'd like more but too fucking bad.

Another thing is the blog was fucking up my dating game. Though it was entertaining for me to write and no doubt for ya'll to read about my tragic dating life, it is kinda hard to date dudes when they are paranoid that you'll blow them up on the internet if they fuck up. I became concerned since it seemed to be scaring off some of the potentially good ones.

This was probably a mistake because I feel like the standard of treatment of me by dudes went downhill significantly. So now I've decided they need to live in that fear. They should be haunted by it daily and have nightmares about it whilst they sleep. Somewhere there has to be a moment of reckoning and karmic retribution for the douchebags of the world... and also the decent guys who act like inconsiderate, immature morons... so they might finally learn from their mistakes and become better men.

The reality is that any man who is worth my time, energy, love, undying devotion, and a change of Facebook relationship status would be secure enough in himself to have the quality of his character and the size of his junk discussed on the internet. He would also be supportive enough of me to let me live out my Sex and the City dreams through my blog without pitching a bitch about it. Those who aren't are probably douchebags with tiny dicks that I really shouldn't be wasting my precious moments of my life on anyway. In the words of the great Lady Gaga, "Can't sleep with a man who dims my shine."

However, the biggest reason for my ghosting out is that I was dealing with some family stuff and felt I probably shouldn't be near the blog. My mom got diagnosed with ovarian cancer last Fall which fucked my world up. I was very stressed out, which in turn, made me extremely sensitive and antagonistic. That might have made for some great, über-dramatic blog posts... But then I'd have had to deal with some massively pissed off people and I was not in the best position to do that.

While my mom isn't quite out of the woods yet, she's doing better than she was. On the other hand, my Godmother Juji who was diagnosed with terminal cancer took a turn for the worst and passed away a little over 2 months ago. She was an amazing lady and I freaking miss her.

Juji's passing has been inspiring me lately though. Life is short and you really don't know how long yours is going to be. She lived a full, epic life and thinking about her makes me feel like I'm wasting a good deal of mine... which needs to change.

There are so many things I want to do that I'm not doing like:
Seeing the world since I've never been outside the country
Becoming a "One Hit Wonder"
Inventing a dance craze
Finally writing that children's book so I can get that J.K. Rowling money
Making the New York Times Bestseller List for said children's book or some other book I could write
Getting my own show
Becoming a stand up comedian
Competing on MasterChef

The list really goes on and on but just those things are a lot to accomplish. Since the blog is probably a great catalyst for at least some of that, here I am again trying to build this thing back up. So, let's get started shall we? Somebody needs to take on The Chive and put an end to those lame ass, annoying green KCCO t-shirts. Why not me right? I'm pretty sure I can come up with much less annoying t-shirts for people to wear while still fully exploring the world of underboob.

No comments:

Post a Comment