Thursday, September 19, 2013

Throwback Thursday Theme Songs in Loving Memory of Steve McGown

Sorry for having been MIA lately my people. It's been a rough few weeks to say the least. Unfortunately last week a friend of mine I've known for like half my life passed away. His name is Steve McGown. I guess I should say "was" but it honestly feels weird speaking of him in the past tense. I'd prefer to just think he's somewhere presently.

Anyway, we're breaking with the usual format today. No 2 CHAINZ or Twerkathon. Today's theme songs are dedicated in loving memory to Stephen M. McGown.


As you grow older, you lose touch with a lot of the people you grew up with. I seem to not just be losing touch, but actually just plain losing several people. I've been reeling honestly because death is becoming an all too commonplace thing in my life. This will be the 3rd funeral I'll have attended in the past year and like the 5th or 6th person who has passed in about the past year. Just sayin, NOBODY else is allowed to die for awhile.

Steve is unfortunately one of the people I lost touch with in the past several years. I met him when I was about 14 or 15 years old and he was part of the crew back in the day. He was a character and to know him was to love him. Steve had no filter. He was loud and obnoxious and supremely entertaining. He was also honest to a fault, loyal, and a good friend to the people lucky enough to be able to call him that.

I'm pretty sure he was there the day I lost my virginity looking over the wall of the pool equipment room with the other guys who were friends with the dude who deflowered me. He also is the person who made it possible for me to view something everyone should see at least once in their lives, the Tommy Lee and Pam Anderson sex tape.

I also remember he used to come pick me up from my parents' house and we'd go drive around. Limp Bizkit was bananas huge back then and Steve and I were fans. I actually think Steve was probably their biggest fan though. He got stuck on this song for months... 


And this song was another fave. While preparing for this blog post earlier today, listening to it made me lose it at my desk and I had to take a minute. I remember yelling "GET THE FUCK UP!" with him countless times...


Our friend Hippie who was also part of the crew made some suggestions for the songs today so shout out and thanks to him. He and Steve for BFF's and I totally <3 him like no other.

Let's get into some Pantera... This one is my personal fave...


Also...


And...


Steve was also a Gwar fan...


I love that Gwar covered this song by Alice Cooper...



And also this one by Kansas...


He was also into Guns N Roses... But then again who isn't?! This song is epic...


And this one is also epic...


This one is actually my favorite GnR song. Slash is the man...


And finally...



Rest in Peace Steve. You're already missed dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment